Even though house flies do not bite, their presence can be irritating. The house fly is a common pest. House flies can cause food poisoning and spread disease, posing a health threat.
With a few tricks, you can get rid of house flies in your home. But why are flies so bad this year? This post contains the answers.
There are a few things you may do that can get rid of houseflies. However, you should focus more on preventing these house flies from entering your home.
This year in Texas, flies may appear to be a serious issue. Summers in Texas are known for being hot and humid, as well as for the presence of insects.
This time of the year, you may expect to see a lot of flies due to the weather. Flies are attracted to garbage and filth. You will attract more flies if you live near a dumpsite or have young ones that litter the house regularly.
Why are flies so bad this year ?
Year after year, flies are found. However, you’ve noticed that it has increased. A simple explanation is that the population has grown. With a rise in the number of people in a neighborhood or region, there will be more garbage to throw away.
Flies are drawn to decaying foods or items, as we all know. They get inside residences when food and water are exposed and eat them. Using a fly repellant or any other means, you might be able to kill one or more. However, failing to keep the area clean would attract more flies.
Why are there so many flies in Texas this year?
Seemingly, flies appear to be more prevalent in Texas this year . The hot weather could be responsible for that. Flies prefer hot weather because it is more conducive to them and also aids in their reproduction. Given that Texas is a temperate city (albeit hot), there are flies in abundance.
Why are there so many flies in my house all of a sudden?
Did you know that female house flies can hatch in two to three days? That is to say, they reproduce only for a brief period. If you suddenly notice a lot of flies, there may be an infestation inside or near your home.
Also, if you open the windows or doors, flies will enter your home. They come in search of food and warmth. Their eggs are also close to their food sources.
Are some months worse for flies?
You will find more flies during the summer. Flies like warmth, which is why they are mostly seen in the afternoon and mostly during summer.
How do you find the house of fly infestation?
Houseflies can be found in a variety of places, including gutters and dumpsters. Typically, they are attracted to a dirty environment. You can also find a swamp of flies on fruits.
Can you spray your yard for flies?
Yes. You can spray your yard for flies (disinfectants). When you spray your yard, it reduces fly infestations and there are a variety of treatment options available. You can use natural repellants or aerosols.
How do I get rid of flies in Texas?
Flies only gather when there’s garbage within. That’s to say, maintaining proper sanitation is essential. You must get rid of whatever is attracting those flies. Start by clearing your gutters, disposing of your waste bin and keeping your home tidy.
If you live in Texas, there are things you can do to help get rid of flies. They include the following:
- Always dispose of your waste. Keeping your waste bin some distance away from the entrance of your house can help prevent flies.
- Use a natural fly repellant: A vinegar solution can help get rid of flies. Spread the substance throughout your environment, and the odor will drive files away from your home.
- Apply aerosol: Spraying aerosol is also among the things you can do to get rid of flies in Texas. When you spray it, it circulates into the atmosphere, dispersing flies.
- Check your windows and doors. When you leave either the windows or doors, flies can enter. To prevent these pests from entering, apply any of the already mentioned solutions.
What is a natural fly repellant?
Certain homemade solutions can get rid of flies. You can try any of the following:
- Hot Pepper Repellent: It might not work for all pests, but it can get rid of flies. Since they lay eggs on their food source, the hot pepper repellant prevents them.
- Basil: This is one of the natural insect repellants. It is a good insect repellent for flies.
- Ginger spray: Because it contains zingerone ketone chemicals with a spicy taste, ginger spray can be used to get rid of flies. These compounds cause the insect’s body to become heated.
- Essential oils: When heated in their undiluted form, they can kill or deter flies in the area.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Add it to a spray bottle. Spray on your compound, your windows, and flies won’t come close.
What plants do flies hate?
Some plants can act as pesticides. If you have pesticides everywhere in your compound, flies will not come close. So, if you live in a region where there are more flies, check out some of these plants that flies hate.
Plants that deter flies
If you have a house fly infestation, you must first determine the source of the problem. Getting rid of flies is easy. You can use natural repellants like cinnamon and apple cider vinegar to get rid of them.
Flies like warmth, and that’s why there are swamps of flies during summer. Maintaining personal hygiene will prevent flies from entering your home. You can also use aerosol or essential oils. Spraying these oils keeps the flies away.
I hope this article on why are flies so bad this year was helpful.